Enjoy the long summer nights with this easy to make strawberry pineapple mojito!
Strawberry Pineapple Mojito Recipe
This strawberry pineapple mojito really helped us get through the hot days of last year’s summer. Local heat records were broken, and the temperature inside our apartment was as high as 91°F (33°C)!
Luckily we had some fresh fruits in the fridge and rum in our liquor cabinet, which allowed us to make this tropical mojito!
Tips for the best Mixed Tropical Drink
We’re huge fans of sweet mixed drinks, and want you to enjoy them as much as we do. Therefore, we’ve listed some tips to help you serve the perfect cocktail.
- Removing the pith from the lime wedges will prevent your drink from tasting bitter.
- Place your lime wedges in the cocktail shaker with the pulp facing up. This way, you won’t muddle the lime peel too much, which makes your cocktail bitter.
- Limes which have thin, smooth skin are usually the juiciest.
Drinks You Might Also Like
Mojitos tend to get along well with lots of different fruits, which is why we’ve tried several of them during the warm summer.
Our mango mojito is the perfect refreshment when it’s hot outside.
One mojito variation, which really positively surprised us, is the cucumber mojito. It’s slightly different from other mojitos because it is not made with sweet fruits, but it tastes so good that it’s definitely worth trying!
Strawberry Pineapple Mojito Ingredients
- 5 mint leaves. Fresh mint leaves are full of juices and will give your cocktail the delicious fresh taste.
- 2 medium-sized strawberries. Use strawberries which are nice and ripe, because you’ll drink will taste sweeter.
- 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 1/2 lime in wedges.
- 2 oz (60 milliliters) white rum. Liquor can be expensive, but we advise you to use a good quality rum. This really improves the taste of your cocktail.
- 2 oz (60 milliliters) pineapple juice.
- 1 oz (30 milliliters) club soda.
- Ice; either cubes or crushed.
How to Make a Strawberry Pineapple Mojito
This drink is one of the best mojito recipes we have tried so far, and here’s how to make it.
Place the mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker or large cup. On top of that, add the lime wedges and the sugar.
Gently muddle the ingredients until the limes have given up all of their juice. Make sure not to mash the mint leaves to a pulp.
Next, add the strawberries and muddle again until the strawberries have a pulpy texture.
Here come the liquids! Add the pineapple juice and rum to the whole. If you’re using a cocktail shaker, put the lid on firmly and shake it for about 10 seconds.
Fill a glass with ice and pour your drink into it.
If you’ve used a glass to mix your ingredients, thoroughly stir after adding the liquids.
Finally, top off your drink with the club soda and garnish the glass with a slice of lemon. Cheers!
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lime
- 2 oz (60 milliliters) white rum
- 2 oz (60 milliliters) pineapple juice
- 1 oz (30 milliliters) club soda
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Place the mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add lime wedges and sugar.
- Gently muddle the ingredients until the lime has given up all of its juice.
- Add the strawberries and muddle again until the strawberries have a pulpy texture.
- Now add the pineapple juice and white rum. Firmly place the lid on your cocktail shaker and shake it for a few seconds.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour your drink into it
- Top off the cocktail with club soda and garnish the glass with a slice of lemon.
- Enjoy your drink!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Disclaimer: Nutrition information is automatically generated by Nutritionix. Actual nutrition values may differ.
Did you like this tropical drink recipe? Then help us spread the word and share it with a friend who might also like it!